Monday, October 5, 2009

COMING SOON


I am very very excited, because soon Tom Mylan and Brett Young, formerly of Marlow & Daughters, are opening their own locally supplied butcher shop here in Williamsburg.  The Meat Hook is going to be part of a complex called The Lab, opening in conjunction with the team behind The Brooklyn Kitchen.  The Lab will be a cooking school for home cooks as well as a specialty supply shop and sort-of-grocery.  It's the geniuses behind two of my favorite shops working together to make the the ultimate food/ cooking/ learning/ happiness bonanza.  Right around the corner from my house!  Once it opens I am going to be there every weekend.  I count the days!  Read more about Tom and his view on locally raised meat here.  And here is a cool video of him at his former work.

Image via ultra clay dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment