Monday, September 28, 2009

GARDENS IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE

France was incredible. The weather was great and the wedding was special beyond words. So special, in fact, that I am embarrassed to say we barely left the hotel grounds (I know, terrible). Also, my camera had some technical issues, so there aren't many photos to share. That won't stop me, however, from spending a little time focusing on one of the world's most blessed places: the Cote d'Azur. Above is an image looking out through the pine forests to the town of Antibes beyond.
Here, someone else captures the feeling a little better (my "trusty" G10 is being repaired now. I missed it badly). Watching the boats drift in and out of the harbor through the trees. It was deeply soothing.

There were also huge flower gardens. This part of France is much like Southern California in that you can grow just about anything.

Nearby is the town of Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, where the Villa Ephrussi Botanical Gardens are located. Enjoy...


Someday I will go back and actually see the sights. Click here for a more extensive photo tour of the gardens by Nigel Burkitt.

Images that are not mine via Garden Web, moondreamer's flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment