Monday, August 10, 2009

INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY

If you are like me, you enjoy trolling real estate listings on your lunchbreak, dreaming of how you would renovate and redecorate your very own home. Well, I just found out my dream house is on the market! All I need now is $12 million dollars.

I have been pining after Ms. Julianne Moore's drop-dead amazing townhouse for years. In fact, her fantastic pallate inspired some of the color scheme of our apartment (along with a light fixture or two) when I saw the house featured in (what else) World of Interiors a while back.


She painstakingly renovated this 1839 gem. The layout is brilliant. That kitchen! That bathroom! I am in love. Maybe I'll walk by after work, just to get a look at the outside...

More to look at, read about, dream about: here, here and here. And the floor plan perfection here and here. Sigh.
Images from WOI via Remodelista

3 comments:

  1. very nice. I see where you got your inspiration. Some friends and I spent a weekend here last year http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/05/BU32193C0D.DTL. While the interior isn't the draw, the grounds are amazing. We figure if we pool our resources we can buy a bucket of water from the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful apartment!
    Do these photos include any of your work? If so, what were your influences and inspirations for her apartment? I have been pining after Ms. Julianne Moore's drop-dead amazing look for years. Now knowing what incredible drop-dead amazing taste she has will add to my enjoyment while watching her brilliant acting.

    ReplyDelete