Monday, February 15, 2010

LUNCH BOX

In an effort to keep expenses down and reduce the amount of trash I make everyday, I am expiramenting with taking lunch to work in my new blue lunch box, purchased at Brooklyn Kitchen.  This week, I used my left over meatballs to make a sandwich.  Then I roasted some vegetables, added some arugula greens and a boiled egg and had myself a tasty little lunch.
 
Roasted Winter Vegetables
makes 6 servings

1 pound carrots
1 pound parsnips
1 large sweet potato
1 small butternut squash
1/2 cup chopped parsley
sea salt to taste
fresh ground pepper to taste
olive oil

Heat the oven to 425 degrees.  Cut the vegetables into 1" cubes, Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Roast for 30 minutes then sprinkle with parsley.


No comments:

Post a Comment